An exotic and fascinating hidden paradise perched high on the cliffs above Salcombe. Explore the banana garden, meander through the woodland, or relax beneath the palms and soak up the spectacular panorama across miles of beautiful coastline and estuary. Continue your journey of discovery into the Edwardian seaside home of inventor Otto Overbeck. See his amazing 'rejuvenator'; hear the Polyphon, a giant Victorian music box; and be intrigued by the eclectic collections of natural and maritime history. The perfect day out for families who enjoy exploring, or the keen gardener who wants to be inspired and excited. National Trust shop and tea-room also on site with special events held throughout the year.
Admission is free for National Trust members or adult £7.20, child £3.70, family £18.10, family (one adult) £10.90
- Self-guided garden trails
- Find the secret door and hunt for fred, the friendly ghost!
- Challenge your friends to a game of giant Jenga, Dominoes or more!
- Play the American Organ or listen to the Polyphon in the museum
- Explore the exotic gardens
- Rent a picnic hamper and enjoy lunch in the grounds
- Explore Otto Overbeck's house, now a museum housing his prized possesions, as well as some of Salcome's Maritine history
- Browse in the shop, selling a fabulous slection of plants, local produce, books and much more